Connect to Services
If you need referrals for services and care providers for yourself or a loved one, please visit one of these sites:
- Virginia Navigator, Nonprofit Guide to Disability, Aging and Veterans’ Services in Virginia
- Virginia Department for Aging and Rehabilitative Services
- Eviction Legal Helpline
Although the VCoA is not an investigatory agency, we want to ensure that you are connecting to the most appropriate resources and community supports available to you. To connect with us for more information, please refer to our Contact Us page.
IMPORTANT: Please do not report cases of suspected elder abuse to VCoA. If the situation is serious, threatening, or dangerous, call 911 or the local police for immediate help.
If you suspect elder abuse, neglect, or exploitation, you should report these concerns to the protective services agency where the elder lives. To report suspected adult abuse, neglect, or exploitation in Virginia, call your local departments of social services or the 24-hour, toll-free APS hotline at: (888) 832-3858.
The toll-free number (844-802-5910) is available for Virginians aged 60 and older and for those calling on their behalf. Receive advice on the following topics:
- long-term care issues
- public benefits (including Medicaid, SSI, and Social Security, Medicare)
- guardianship and alternatives to guardianship
- financial exploitation
- adult abuse and neglect
- age discrimination
- as well as some limited consumer issues.