Information for Older Adults and Family Caregivers on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Virginia Center on Aging is concerned about COVID-19 and its impact on older adults. We have gathered a short list of reputable resources for those who share our concern and are seeking information and guidance.
- From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- From The John A. Hartford Foundation: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Resources for Older Adults, Family Caregivers and Health Care Providers
- From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults
- From AARP: Clear-Cut Steps for Caregivers Worried About Coronavirus Exposure
- From the Alzheimer's Association: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tips for Dementia Caregivers
- From the National Council on Aging: COVID-19 Resources for Professionals
May 7, 2020
The Virginia Geriatric Education Center is proud to co-sponsor a three-part webinar series entitled "Lifelong Intellectual Disabilities and Dementia: Basics of What You Need to Know." The webinars will be held on May 27th, June 10th, and June 24th.
Apr 2, 2020
The spring 2020 issue of our quarterly, Age in Action, is now available.
Mar 4, 2020
One of our Alzheimer's and Related Dementias Research Award Fund awardees, Shijun Zhang, Ph.D., from the Department of Medicinal Chemistry in the VCU School of Pharmacy, was featured in the MCV Foundation's publication "Next" for his work on compounds to help stop inflammation responses in the brain's nerve tissue. We're proud that ARDRAF was able to support this kind of innovative work!