Information for Older Adults and Family Caregivers on the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Virginia Center on Aging is concerned about COVID-19 and its impact on older adults. We have gathered a short list of reputable resources for those seeking information and guidance for all who share our concern.
- From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- From The John A. Hartford Foundation: Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Resources for Older Adults, Family Caregivers and Health Care Providers
- From the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults
- From AARP: Clear-Cut Steps for Caregivers Worried About Coronavirus Exposure
- From the Alzheimer's Association: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Tips for Dementia Caregivers
- From the National Council on Aging: COVID-19 Resources for Professionals
Mar 4, 2020
One of our Alzheimer's and Related Dementias Research Award Fund awardees, Shijun Zhang, Ph.D., from the Department of Medicinal Chemistry in the VCU School of Pharmacy, was featured in the MCV Foundation's publication "Next" for his work on compounds to help stop inflammation responses in the brain's nerve tissue. We're proud that ARDRAF was able to support this kind of innovative work!
Jan 28, 2020
The winter 2020 issue of our quarterly, Age in Action, is now available.
Jan 23, 2020
At the VCoA 34th Annual Legislative Breakfast, held on January 22, 2020, we enjoyed catching up with Virginia Legislators and our Aging Network peers over a delicious breakfast buffet. We presented our 2019 Annual Report, sharing accomplishments from the past year.